Is there anything special about a Chiropractor? Visiting a chiropractor Salt Lakeis the same as you visit any other healthcare provider. Of course, there are a few unique elements. The procedures and the office setting are familiar, but the chiropractic treatment table is distinctive. The treatment tables are elaborate for specific movement and positioning during the spinal adjustments, and it is helpful in the chiropractic treatment.
A chiropractor’s typical visit includes a physical exam, treatment, and a follow-up plan.
- The first step of this treatment process offered by a Salt Lake Chiropractor is that they start with an initial chiropractic consultation. It is a standard intake with medical practice. They ask you to know your health history. A chiropractor asks you about the pain and discomfort areas on your body.
- The next step is the physical exam. A chiropractor examines your spine. He gives attention to the complaint areas. It will be a complete examination of your spine. It means if there is a complaint of low back pain, the chiropractor performs a neck exam. The injury or subluxation may be a result of an injury in an area while the irritations or the pain is in the spine or somewhere else.
- The physical exam includes assessments in a variety such as reflex testing, palpation, motion tests in a range, comparisons of muscle strength, orthopedic, and neurological tests based on the core complaint.
What is the treatment plan?
A chiropractor Salt Lake offers a treatment plan based on the assessments:
- Your general health.
- The injury or irritation extent.
- Your spine condition, whether it is the previous injury or is affected by age.
- Your goals
During the discussion of the treatment, the chiropractor gets to understand your aim. If you are seeking pain relief or are experiencing severe discomfort, after an initial consultation, they will inform you of your health condition and the status of the recommending care approach. They ensure to develop mutual trust and understanding as a professional-patient relationship.
What is the typical chiropractic treatment?
A typical chiropractic treatment done by Salt Lake Chiropractor involves central part adjustments. It is a therapeutic manipulation directed at specific joints using controlled leverage, force, amplitude, direction, and velocity.
An adjustment involves in chiropractic treatment involves more than opening a joint. This treatment entails the chiropractor adjusting the spine, while there is a need to correct joints, knee, ankle, elbow, wrist, or shoulder. It helps to improve joints and restoring structural alignment. Again, there is a need for proper structure to ensure extremity functioning as healthy daily living.
For neck or back pain complaints, the treatment involves adjustments in a series. It may take a few days of sitting to reduce the irritation incrementally. It also goes on for several weeks to improve normal function. In case you are unable to tolerate the adjustments done manually, you must inform the chiropractor about the trouble you are experiencing. He or she will give you non-force or mild techniques as treatment.
Adjustments include non-manual therapies such as electrical stimulation, ice or heat application, diet counseling, rehabilitative exercise, orthotic support for shoes, weight loss, nutritional supplements, and other lifestyle factors.